Activated charcoal is a low-cost over the counter product used by doctors and poison control centers for absorbing ingested poisons or for absorbing toxic substances that may be formed internally by food sensitivities, allergies or Candida albicans die off reactions (Herxheimer). It is also used by physicians for a variety of intestinal complaints.
Dying cells of Candida secrete copious amounts of toxins which can be absorbed by activated charcoal, thus making Herxheimer reactions less uncomfortable. Unabsorbed, these toxic secretions are carried through the body by blood, causing a variety of uncomfortable symptoms and disrupting the immune system.
Activated charcoal is a form of carbon that has been treated with oxygen to open us millions of microscopic pores that exist between the carbon atoms. These processes result in highly porous charcoals that have high surface areas capable of absorbing colors, odors, and toxic substances.
It is important to use caution when administering activated charcoal. The following parameters are recommended: Use only upon the advice of a physician or poison control center Do not use drugs or nutritional supplements within two hours of taking activated charcoal, as their absorption may be impaired Do not eat two hours before or two hours after taking activated charcoal Never use for poisons such as lye, acid, oven cleaners, toilet bowl cleaners, petroleum products, lamp oils, furniture polish, iron, or alcohol based poisons such as antifreeze or rubbing alcohol.
IMPORTANT: IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE USE OF ACTIVATED CHARCOAL, CONTACT YOUR NEAREST POISON CONTROL CENTER OR YOUR PHYSICIAN.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any disease