Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (mHBOT) can produce profound therapeutic changes in cases where other interventions either don’t work or are unavailable. It involves breathing purified oxygen while resting in a chamber. The effect results in powerful physiologic changes to facilitate healing that otherwise would not occur. HBOT is medically indicated for wound healing and injuries but it is often used “off-label” for a wide range of ailments without FDA approval.
We have had tremendous success using hyperbaric oxygen with patients suffering from medical illnesses such as:
- Wound Healing from injury (e.g. trauma, post-operative recovery), burns
- Neurological Degeneration / Encephalopathy
- Acute and Chronic Pain
- Anoxic Injury (Oxygen Deprivation)
Some of the physiological benefits of hyperbaric oxygen therapy include:
- Increasing oxygen partial pressure in all tissues in the body thus increasing the concentration of oxygen in cells with blocked or diminished blood flow
- Allowing oxygen transportation by the blood’s plasma which only occurs in the hemoglobin at regular atmospheric pressure
- Stimulating angiogenesis or the creation of new blood vessels to provide blood flow to blocked areas
- Promoting the release of stem cells from the bone marrow to assist healing in damaged tissue exposed to hyperbaric oxygen
Though we are awed by the change we see in many of our patients with significant health ailments, we also use hyperbaric oxygen for anti-aging and with athletes for recovery and for peak performance. There are some prescribed and FDA approved uses of hyperbaric oxygen which we treat but we also use this therapy “off-label”, which will likely not be reimbursible by insurance.
Click here to schedule an appointment with one of our clinicians if you feel that hyperbaric oxygen might benefit you.